If you've logged into your account but it looks like it's not working or tracking has stopped it is most likely to have been caused by one of the following reasons:
- No GPS signal – This is rare, as GPS covers almost everywhere, but is more likely if the person with the device is in a remote area of the world.
- No data signal – Remember, there has to be a data connection in order for the device to transmit the location to our server. If there is not data (or Wifi) signal available, then the phone will temporarily store the locations and send them all to our server once a connection becomes available, so you’ll still have a full device history.
- Device is off or battery is dead - The device needs to be switched on and have battery power in order for Device Tracker Plus to locate it. We cannot locate phones or tablets that are off or out of power.
- Device age - Older devices will have less advanced GPS systems which can cause tracking to be less accurate for services such as Device Tracker Plus.
- App uninstalled - Make sure that the device user hasn't uninstalled the app. Doing this will immediately stop tracking.
If you know your account is definitely still active, and you have a GPS signal and data connection, but it still isn’t tracking, then it could be that there has been an update to the operating system on the phone which is causing an issue. If this is the case then simply uninstall the app from the device and delete the device from your online account. Once this is done just follow the instructions to register a new device and install the latest version of the app.